I am resurrecting this blog--because I decided that I wanted to blog about love--for however long I feel like it. In all of its forms. This blog already exists and it feels like a good place to post such things. Not saying that is all I will post. I would like to test drive this blog and see how I feel about blogging in general. If you would indulge--it is just sitting here--lonely and forlorn.I am sick the feeling like love is disappearing from the world. It isn't--but TV makes it feel like it is. So I am going to write about the little things when I see them and post them here. Mawage--and Twoo Wuv. It ain't always pretty but it is always beautiful. So--here we go.
Last night Mark and I discussed our financial situation. He wanted to know if purchasing bullets for the gun he bought me--which I have yet to fire by the way--was going to break the bank. Not cuz it normally would--but they didn't take American Express--our current card of choice--and it is the end of the month--he gets paid soon--etc etc. So instead of saying--no the transaction will not break the bank--end of discussion--I bravely laid out our whole financial picture. It doesn't take long--in case you were wondering. What we have in savings--yes there is some (I sleep much better at night that way), what we have in debt--yes there is some (I sleep comfier at night that way =), what we have in our checking account--yes there is some there too. Thank heaven. The fact that I know what it all is for sure is the surprising part. I have lately been dealing with random hormonal anxiety--so money scares the crap out of me. I can't really explain that any better. I was a little excited actually to be able tell him all of that. (not like he couldn't turn on his computer and see it all in two minutes himself) Anyway--we aren't anywhere near desperate--but not perfect either. We have a little debt. Our goal is to always have none and to build our savings. It is a goal because we aren't there yet. Stuff comes up, we are weak, we like to spoil ourselves sometimes, and gas is frickin expensive.
There was no finger pointing, no blaming each other for the imperfection. It is OUR imperfection. That's love. I am not saying if someone is spending out of control that one person in a healthy relationship shouldn't say something to the other. I am just saying there are moments that have ugly potential. Love makes them beautiful and constructive. Still not perfect--but some how a piece of a strong cord instead of a weak link.
Thanks for the bullets babe.
Amen!
ReplyDelete