Friday, April 2, 2010

Most Honorable Mention

Last Monday I went out with the girls to Applebee's for a birthday. We do after nine o'clock for the appetizers at 1/2 off, and its also a good time because kids are asleep for dads and babysitters. So, Mark was out of town and I needed a babysitter. Mom was coming with us so I asked Dad. He said yes--with the understanding that the kids would be sleeping so he could relax for the evening. Normally that would be the case. However, just before I left Hunter was up coughing and threw up. I got him settled back down and told my dad that his coughing would probably wake him up again--but he should go right back to sleep. I wasn't too worried about the puke because I knew it was from the cough. I figured that was the end of it.

Of course we know I wouldn't be typing this if that was really the end of it. I went merrily on my way and my dad got to clean up after puke, not once, not twice, but three times. So much for a relaxing evening after a long day of hard work for my dad. What I really appreciated was that when I got home he was playing video games for the little guy and had a good laugh about the fact that Hunter managed to miss all the available washable floors and refused the bucket that was offered him in favor of my carpet.

No--"thanks for ruining my night"--underlying any of it. He was a real trooper. I am grateful for all he does for me.

Thanks for going the extra 3 miles Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment