Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you mom's first of all.

Mother's day begins at 6:30 am with on child crawling into bed with me. Logan snuggled down and went back to sleep. I will really miss this one day. Of that I am absolutely certain. I don't really discourage them comiing to me at night for that very reason. I love my little snugglebunnies. Trinity comes in a few minutes later and says "Happy Mother's Day!" She is beaming as she leans over and gives me an extra sweet hug and kiss. She steps back and lets me tell her thank you and then with a little thrill in her high little voice she says "I've been waiting for this moment all night long!" She really was too. She said she had tears in her eyes and couldn't sleep the night before because she was so excited for Mother's day to get here. Just precious.

I got my regular good morning smiles hugs and greetings for the day from the boys. I got out of bed and made my way to the kitchen to feed the kids. Out on the table was a plate with a jagged crustless piece of bread (toasted--but still white--so a bit more like stale =) a note that read "Happy Mother's Day! Love Trinity" and a full stick of butter still in the wrapper. She thought I would be happier to butter it myself. Oh--and a glass of milk. "Did you like your breakfast Mommy?" Of course I did. She is such a little sweetheart. Daddy made her wait until after church before she could give me her gifts. They were stashed up out of her and more importantly the boy's reach. She was tortured about it. Daddy wouldn't get out of bed--then daddy was getting ready for church...Her gifts were lovely.

Hunter found me a real live four leaf clover. I had never actually seen one before. I am going to press it. He also brought me many other precious weeds. My kids all know that dandylions are mommy's FAVORITE flower. They can bring me every dandylion that they can find.

I took a wonderful nap with Logan. More snuggles.

I am the luckiest mom in the world. My kids are awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment