Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sh-doodle!

So last night Trinity was talking to me about how excited she is to eventually be in the sixth grade. (she is just finishing first grade) One of the things she was excited about was one of the teachers who, apparently, has a shih tzu. She tells me this and then says "but I think we are supposed to call it a sh-doodle so we don't say the "s" word." I nearly fell of the bed laughing. Then after I tried to tell her that saying the actual name of the dog's breed was ok she says, "Do you mean shih tzu or sh*t mommy?" Are you ever really prepared to hear a six year old say that? I think not. I can't even allow myself to type it. We had a nice little discussion about words and their impact--on the six year old level--I hope. You never know what's coming with this parenting gig. I love it. I think the dog is actually a mix breed shih tzu and poodle--and that's where the name came from. I think I will call every little dog I see now--and probably every little poop that I see a sh-doodle. hehehe!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man! This made me laugh so hard! It's great what kids come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jed and I had a good long laugh over this one. We miss you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete