Monday, June 21, 2010

In the Presence of $$$

Last weekend Jed and I went to Spokane for Jed’s sister’s High School Graduation. This was not like any High School Grad I’ve Ever been to. I felt a little bit like I was on 90210… on Crack! "Let Donna Graduate! Let Donna Graduate!"

It was outside, with white chairs, and the graduates didn’t wear a cap and gown, they wore white formals and suits. They didn’t walk in to the typical graduation song… they walked in to Bag Pipes! Yes, Bag Pipes! (side note… in the middle of the graduation, said bag pipers played Amazing Grace. I’m sure I’m not the only one who felt like all of a sudden, I was at a funeral.) I won’t even begin to try to translate the valedictorian’s speech… it was way too deep (or he was way too high) for me to understand. When the grads were announced they got to stand there while their bios were read and everyone applauded. And if you didn’t “learn Chinese in just a few short years” or “have a spectacular 3-point shot” you might as well have gone home, ‘cause you’re officially a Loser. Then the grad's family handed them their diploma instead of the stinky principal (that part was pretty cool, but I don't think you could pull that off with a graduating class of 250).

Now, you know you’re not at your typical Kansas Graduation anymore when these 3 walk in and sit 4 rows in front of you….

Yes, that's Bill & Melinda Gates and Bill Gates, Sr.


They were there because Bill's Sister's Son was graduating with Laney. And I wanted to share this very stealthily taken photo with all of you to prove that at one point in my life, I was in the presence of a man who has 30,000 Million dollars. That’s a lot of dollars!



Also... To make the weekend even more Spectacular... Jed & I rode dirt bikes with his Dad. Now, many of you are familiar with my fear of dirt bikes (which I blame fully on my Uncles who tried to kill me on them when I was a small child), but I found that as long as I am able to drive my own, I'm perfectly fine. It was really fun, and check out my biker chic outfit! Totally Hot!

1 comment:

  1. "Hey, Mom and Dad, I can't believe how you could get in such an awesome picture with 'the' Julia Reynolds and not even look up?!" ~ Jennifer, Rory, and Phoebe Gates

    ReplyDelete